Thursday 4 February 2016

Finished Digging of Vegetable Plot on Allotment 1 and tidied behind the Greenhouse

Today I went down to Allotment 1 for 3 1/2 hours. I finished the digging of the Vegetable plot, which took longer than expected as I had to clear the pathway at the back of the plot, using the hand shears to cut the shrubbery and hedge, and then dig over a few feet extra which was reclaimed from the back pathway. I also straightened the back edge up.

My mum then came down to the Allotment and helped to clear behind the Greenhouse, which means that I have now moved a lot of the canes and bags from behind the Greenhouse, allowing a clear path through here. Some white pebbles were found behind the Greenhouse so these have been sprinkled among the pots containing the Fruit trees, and Blueberries.

The amount of Allotment plot that I thought originally
needed digging
A photo showing the whole allotment dug over, and the
back edge having been straightened up
A photo showing a view of the vegetable plot on Allotment 1
look down the Allotment, and the bags of rubbish having
been cleared away
Looking at the back of the Greenhouse
after being tidied up
White pebbles in the pots

The box at the back left hand side of the Greenhouse is currently full up with raised bed boards, however I will move these out in the foreseeable future and find a new home for these and this box will be dismantled as it appears to be falling apart. I will possibly replace this with a new box but will site this behind the Greenhouse and may put my tools in it to keep them dry and get them out of the Greenhouse.

Tomorrow (weather permitting), I plan to finish the tidying up of Allotment 1, by putting manure round the raspberries and loganberries and therefore removing these bags. I also found a bag of seaweed today which was behind the Greenhouse and will put this onto the plot for nutrients. Tomorrow I also plan to weed around Rhubarb to tidy this up and I will try to keep this bed as weed free as possible.

The Rhubarb patch on Allotment 1
The Fruit Cage will be weeded and manured when I have fully pruned the fruit bushes however this will not be done until at least next week as I will be going to a presentation on Saturday which shows how to prune these properly.




No comments:

Post a Comment