Tuesday 2 February 2016

Done more digging on Allotment 1

Today I went down onto Allotment 1 for another 2 1/2 hours. Today I went down to the fruit cage
end of the allotment and continued to dig over where I had started to dig over last week. I managed to clear quite a bit of the vegetable plot, managing to dig underneath part of the ground sheet that I 
had laid down. This meant that I needed to dig up the Potato 'Epicure' tubers that I did not get round to harvesting last year. As these have been in the ground all winter these have had to be thrown away. 

I also managed to finally close the window in the Greenhouse (FINALLY!!!) after month's of it being open. (Hinge on the top needed moving).

I hope to be able to go back down to the Allotment tomorrow to do further digging and by Thursday hope to have finished digging over these vegetable plot.

A photo showing the vegetable plot before digging today
A photo showing the vegetable plot dug up to the ground sheet
A photo showing how much I managed to dig
from under the ground sheet today
A photo showing the vegetable plot down the fruit cage end of
Allotment 1
The amount of the vegetable plot left to dig
The vegetable plot having been dug over the raised bed side
of Allotment 1
Looking down onto Allotment 1 from the edge of the Allotment
plot
The Greenhouse with the window closed

No comments:

Post a Comment