Sunday 9 August 2015

Put some compost on new onion bed, dug some paths on Allotment 1, started to clear raised beds, harvested some Beetroot and saw the Runner bean's are beginning to crop.

This morning I went down onto both Allotment for about 1 hour. I emptied two of the bags of compost that I got the other day onto the new onion bed and this will be dug in when possible.

Some compost where the Onion Bed will be
I also started to dig out where the paths are around the raised bed's on Allotment 1 as these have become over grown with weeds. While doing this I also started to clear the raised bed to the front right of the Greenhouse. I will continue to do this during the week providing the weather stays nice. 


Showing the edge of the Allotment before starting

Front edge of my Allotment
Showing the edge of Allotment 1 being dug out
Started clearing out one of the raised beds

I also harvested some Beetroot from the Raised bed's of Allotment 1.

Beetroot that I harvested today
While on Allotment 2 I also realised that the Runner Bean's that I planted back in may are now beginning to crop.

Runner Bean's are now beginning to crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment