Saturday 8 August 2015

Finished digging over Onion Bed, Harvested a Carrot and looking ahead to Brassica Bed and Polytunnel edges.

This morning I went down onto Allotment 2 once again. I continued and managed to finish digging over where the Onion bed will be from September onwards.

Cleared where the Onion Bed will go,
including around the Globe Artichoke at the end

Pile of all the weeds, and showing the clearing of the
weeds next to the environmesh tunnel containing
Carrots and Parsnips
Harvested while clearing next to Environmesh tunnel

Below I have also taken a picture of where the Onion and Shallots are at the moment. This will be cleared shortly to make way for my Brassica Bed for the year ahead.

Previous Onion Bed, containing some onions,
garlic and shallots as well as some beetroot.
I have also got to put soil over the edges of the Polytunnel to keep it down firmly. I will put some bulbs down here to brighten up the area during the Spring.

Right hand side of the Polytunnel
Left hand side of the Polytunnel, this will need
digging out, the soil put back over the Polytunnel
edges and some bulbs will be put in

No comments:

Post a Comment