Thursday 28 January 2016

Cleared raised beds on Allotment 1 and done some more digging

As it was a nice sunny afternoon I went down to and onto Allotment 1 today for about 4 hours. I tidied up the other 2 raised beds, dug them over and added some more compost to top them up. I then covered these over with weedliner to help to keep these weed free. I also cleared the paths around the raised beds from weeds and these will need more bark putting on top. The pots which contain the blueberries and fruit trees I have tided up by taking the weeds out and topping them up with some more compost, which means I need to get some ericaceous compost. 

The raised bed at the right hand side of
the Greenhouse before clearing out
The raised bed at the left hand side of
the Greenhouse before clearing out
The raised bed at the right hand side of
the Greenhouse after tidying up
and topping up with compost
The raised bed at the right hand side of
the Greenhouse after tidying up
and topping up with compost



I also continued to dig over some more of the vegetable plot, but this time I started to dig the raised bed side of the vegetable plot.

The part of the vegetable plot that I have
dug over today



No comments:

Post a Comment